Monday, August 6, 2007

Best In Category!

I was awarded first place in watercolor at the Evanston Lake Shore art fair, one of the many good things about last weekend. Other positive things:

  • I sold one of my favorite paintings, 'Gold and Silver' a goldfinch perched on silverfeather grass.

Though it was hot and humid Sunday, Saturday was cooler than average and cloudy. Also, the heavy rain was only at night. By the way, the Trimline was watertight during a night's worth of rain. I will never overcome my fixation on weather.

My neighbors were nice. That's rarely a problem, but our booths were shoulder to shoulder, and we made the best of it.

The prints sold well, cards did okay, too.

Not positive things:

The volunteers never actually volunteered when I needed a break. After one came around early to offer assistance if needed, I never saw him or any others again.

Biting flies.

I got a parking ticket. It's Evanston.

Since the booths were in close contact during many hours of rain, mildew formed on the top and sides, which I will battle with Windex.

No comments: