Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Can't Believe It's Been Over Three Months. . .


At last I have a new entry in this blog. The NSUC show was fun, but sales were not too great. In May, the Reed-Turner Botanical Artists held their show at the annual plant sale, with excellent results, with more members having a chance to produce and sell digital reproductions of their work. It was an example of finding a "target audience" for our work, plant lovers, or course.

My next art show, in an abbreviated schedule for 2008, will be the Glenview show on July 26 and 27.

Until then, after much delay, I am revealing my latest original watercolor, shown above.

It's called Cardinal and False Indigo, begun last winter and finally getting its finishing touches a few days ago. It's framed more elaborately than most of my paintings, and I feel it makes a significant statement! I'll be displaying it at my next show.

No comments: