Monday, September 17, 2007

Six Down, One to Go

Here's the post- Wilmette Arts Festival report: The weather was ideal, the crowds were smaller than I would have liked, the location was good, and the Wilmette Arts Guild, who organized the event, were tireless. They are generous, too. I didn't win an award, but the dollar amounts of the awards are not small! Maybe next time!

I'm assuming that the community wasn't yet aware of the new location and time of year. Being in a visible commercial area has potential, though it seemed that there was an invisible barrier between the Saturday morning farmer's market (very popular and well-established event) and our show. Produce shopping and art shopping are not necessarily compatible, I guess.

All in all, I enjoyed the weekend, though sales could have been better. It's a relief to setup and take down in cool weather for a change. Oh, and a certain coffee chain has just moved into the vicinity, always convenient!

No comments: