Here's what I learned in the process:
- The quality of the art in this show was superb.
- The photography was the hardest to judge, as I know very little about the process, but I was greatly impressed by the artistry and technical skills required to be a good photographer.
- Most of the artists are so devoted to their work that they cannot be doing anything else.
- My favorites were the creations that were previously unknown to me.
- It doesn't hurt a bit to talk up the judges, it's like making a sale. I must learn to do this when I am being judged as well.
- My booth display could use some more curb appeal. This entry formerly contained the word "pizzazz", which needed to be changed. I just changed it.